Florida Parishes Law Enforcement Torch Run Area
LETR Florida Parishes (FP)
Slidell Police Department
Director of Special Projects, East
Florida Parishes Area Torch Run Routes
2018 date TBD
Washington Parish, Angie
Check-in time: 7:30 AM
Run starts at: 8:00 AM
- Start: Rayburn Correctional Center (RCC)(27268 Louisiana 21, Angie, 70426)
- Handoff: RCC to Bogalusa Police Department (BPD) at City Limits Rd in Bogalusa
- BPD will run the torch through Bogalusa to the Highway One Stop on Highway 10 outside of Bogalusa
- Handoff: BPD to Washington Parish Sheriff's officers (WPSO)
- WPSO will run the torch on HWY 10 to the old Car Quest coming into Franklinton on the left
- Handoff: WPSO to Franklinton Police Department (FPD)
- FPD will carry the torch through Franklinton continuing on HWY 10 to the Winn-Dixie parking lot
- Handoff: FPD to RCC officers
- RCC Officers will run on HWY 25 to the St Tammany Parish Line
- End: St. Tammany Parish Line, on Hwy 25 near Folsom, LA
May 16, 2018
St. Tammany Parish, Covington & Slidell
Check-in at: 8:00 AM
Run starts at: 8:30 AM
- Start: Mandeville Trailhead (675 Lafitte St, Mandeville, LA 70448)
- Run S/B on Girod St.
- Turn Right onto Lakeshore Dr.
- Turnaround at Carondelet St.
- Run E/B on Lakeshore Dr.
- Turn Left onto Lafitte St.
- Turn Right onto Claiborne St.
- End: In front of Varsity Sports
- Pre-Run Activity: 8:00 AM at The Mandeville Trailhead.
2018 date TBD
Livingston Parish, Denham Springs
Check-in at: 9:00 AM
Run starts at: 9:30 AM
- Start: G.M. Varnado and Sons(Automotive Center) 2500 Florida Blvd SW, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- In Walker at the King's Harvest Shopping center we will proceed east of 190 towards college drive.
- Ceremony/Activity: Walker Municipal Building (10136 Florida Blvd, Walker, LA 70785) to recognize SOLA athletes.
- After Ceremony runner will continue before the intersection of Hwy 447 and Hwy 190(Florida Blvd.) run for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile.
- Pick up runners and continue by vehicle to the town of Livingston and meet at the Court House (20300 Government Blvd., Livingston, LA. 70754.)
- Ceremony/Activity: Photo op. with athletes, LE, and Public officials will be taken there. Immediately after Photos LE will run around Block with Athletes.
- After photos, Runners will get back in vehicles onto Hwy 190 and go to the town of Holden.
- In Holden, get out at approx. 1/2 to 1 mile before the intersection of Hwy 441 and Hwy 190(Florida Blvd.) and run through for about 1/4 mile.
- Pick up runners and continue to the town of Albany.
- In Albany, get out approx. 1/4 to 3/4 mile before the intersection of Hwy 43 and Hwy 190(Florida Blvd) and run through.
- End: We would continue running the rest of the way to the Livingston/Tangipahoa Parish Line and meet runners from Tangipahoa Parish in front of the Hammond State School
2018 date TBD
Time 1:00 PM
Tangipahoa Parish, Hammond
- Start: Tangipahoa officers will receive the torch from the Livingston officers at the Tangipahoa Parish Line on Hwy 190 W. in front of Hammond State School
- Travel down Hwy 190 (E. Thomas St.) to Market St.
- Left N/B onto Market St. and continue to Church St.
- Right E/B onto Church St. and continue to Linden St.
- Right S/B onto Linden St. and continue to W. Morris Ave.
- Left E/B onto W. Morris Ave. and continue to Cate St.
- Left N/B onto S. Cate St. and continue to W. Charles St.
- End: Left W/B onto W. Charles street and ending at La Carreta's Mexican restaurant Parking lot
Southeastern Louisiana University's Strawberry Stadium
Friday May 18, 2018
Ceremony starts at 7:30 PM.
We need all officers dressed in uniform to line the football field to cheer on the parade of Special Olympics athletes @ 6:30 PM! Meet in the parking lot next to Southeastern Louisiana University's Garrett Hall building.
Further instruction will be given by Keyanta Morrison or Jordyn Barlow (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Special Olympics Louisiana.