Other organizations that serve people with intellectual disabilities contribute valuable resources and support to Special Olympics as community partners.
A community partner contributes essential services through a variety of ways:
- Potential athletes for our local, area and state games.
- Volunteers to work at events around the state
- Free or significantly discounted use of athletic facilities and fields
- Budget-relieving in-kind donation of goods and services
- Specialized support at competition events or fund raisers
- Creating alliances that lead to additional financial, volunteer, and potential athlete resources
- Create leagues in conjunction with Special Olympics Louisiana
Some community partnerships include:
- Recreation Departments all across the state of Louisiana
- Family Helping Families
- Down Syndrome Associations
- Schools and Universities
- Independent Living Agencies
- Autism Society
If you would like to get involved as a similar organization, contact us.