Family members started Special Olympics and have been at the forefront of every major advancement we have made in our effort to improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. We want every member of every family to see Special Olympics Louisiana as a support system, a safe place, a resource, and a source of joy and celebration. Special Olympics Louisiana is there for our families for a lifetime.
Support for Families
- Resource tables at Special Olympics Louisiana competitions to connect you to helpful organizations.
- Family Lounges at competitions where you can relax, share input, and get helpful information.
- Receptions and trainings at events and competitions.
- Information on a variety of topics; from sibling support to transition/supported living topics.
- Resource List connects you to the state’s leaders in family services. Connect to your local Parent-to-Parent coordinator to help navigate state services and benefits, find service providers, or to find out about respite, independent living, trusts, guardianship, and more.
Join the Family Support Network
By joining your Area’s Family Support Network you’ll be connected to your Area’s Family Support Coordinator who will keep you up to date about Special Olympics Louisiana events and opportunities. They will also share helpful resources with you about other needs you may have, include referrals for physicians, help signing up for benefits, sibling support, and more. To learn more about the Family Resource Network, email us
or call 1-800-345-6644.
Read the Family Code of Conduct